Thursday, September 1, 2011

An Unbelievable Love

I heard of a couple that was approaching their 50th wedding anniversary.  Someone asked the husband, "What did you do for your 25th anniversary?"  He replied, "I took her to Beijing."  The nosey guy then said, "Wow!  What a trip!  What are you going to do for your 50th?"  The husband replied, "I'm gonna go get her." That is one way to 'never have a fight' over 25 years, I guess. 

I bet the Lord feels like shipping us over sometimes.    Ezekiel 16  is a very illustrative explanation of how God's everlasting love will never leave His followers.  It is a detailed account of how God took Jerusalem,  an abandoned babe and raised her up and had a beautiful, love relationship.  However, after the union was made, Jerusalem, his bride, turned to the world.  Now in His Love He replies in Ezekiel 16:60- Yet I will remember my covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish for you an everlasting covenant.  Whether you speak of the Old or New Covenant, you must often be amazed by the love that God has for us.   Jesus said that no one can snatch us out of the hand of the Father.  I am glad we can't fall out either.  That is reassuring today to know that I am in His Hand and yet He holds mine. 
I hope that kind of love will be enough to help you walk in a way that pleases the Lord today.  Sometimes people like to spur other's on by speaking of judgment or wrath.  I believe, however, what makes God smile, what overjoys Jesus, is when we do what we do because of our love for Him, knowing that He first loved us.
Love Him today wholeheartedly and let it show in all of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment