Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Fellowship

I have always enjoyed church.  I don't mean when the guy don't know when to stop.  I don't mean every little event my Mom and Dad dragged me to (I almost wrote "drug me to" but we didn't go to that kind of church).  I mean the vast majority of times, I would rather be at church than about anywhere else.  That is from a combination of proper raising in church and a God-given love for the people of God.  The church I went to for about 15 years (from elementary school through college) was about a mile from my house.  As soon as I was old enough to ride my bike there, I did.  One of the secretaries (who is with the Lord today) said that I used to come in (as a kid) and tell her that I would pastor there and she would could be my secretary one day.  That never happened, however, I was a youth minister there for a short time and worked alongside of her.  I was that kid that came and walked through the church when the educational wing was closed and dark.  I would go in and mill around.  I was the kid that put a piece of paper that was way-to-small into the new document feeder on the new copier and got it jammed.  That caused a panic attack and a 'shoo-ing' from the above mentioned secretary.  I have, as well, always been jacked up on Sunday or as we call it at my house (for the sake of Millie) 'church day'.  When I wake the girls up on Sunday, I go in singing 'Church Day', a yet to be released Christian hit that I am sure will go aluminum on the charts. 
I love the church. I love the building, the steeple, and when you open it up, I love the people.  I especially love the fellowship.  Acts 14:27-28 reminded me this morning of the gift that we have in the church-   And when they arrived and gathered the church together, they declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles. 28 And they remained no little time with the disciples.   They testified about what God had done in them and for them and then they hung around a long time.  You need to be fully involved in the work and the fellowship of the church.  Commit today to walk with the Lord in and through the local church!!

No comments:

Post a Comment