Thursday, February 2, 2012

What a Great Day!

Well, I think it is a great day.  First, my wife has her surgery behind her now and is awake and alert today.   Yesterday was a day of surgery, morphine, sleep, nausea, and phenegan.  Poor Dawn would wake up, spit up, go back to sleep. An hour or two later it would happen again.  Most of the day was lost to her due to the medications.  Today she is alert, not in near as much pain, and we are anticipating release.   Thank you for your prayers, iniquiries, and loving gestures. (We like loving gestures a lot more than ugly ones!!)  I am thankful for a day that could have been much worse and the hope of getting up off of this durable, uncomfortable, utilitarian couch that I have lived on for most of 18 hours.  How I feel for those with long hospital stays.
The second thing that makes this great is the conversion of Saul.  Acts 9:15 issues the announcement -But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.  Thank God for Paul.  Do you realize the difference his ministry made in the crucial first century to help the Gospel to spread to us?  I give full credit to the Lord working in Paul and the first century church for us to have the opportunity to hear the Gospel and know the Lord.  Now, we have a responsibility to let the rest of the world have such an opportunity and to pass it on to the next generation that needs it so desperately.  Share Christ today as He gives you opportunity!  What a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment