Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Lap of the Lord

Psalm 131 refreshed me today:
 1O LORD, my heart is not lifted up;
my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.
2But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

I loudly cheered my Hilltoppers on last night to a tremedous victory.   I plan to do the same for my Clemson Tigers today.  Sometime today my family and I will go and have a birthday meal in a favorite restaurant that we decided would be easier to enjoy today over yesterday.  However, between the two victories and the meal, I will begin my day in the stillness of this quiet house, praying for a calmness in my spirit, a passion in my heart, a conviction in my conscience, and a stillness in my soul.
Before the clutter of the day begins, enjoy the lap of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment