Saturday, October 15, 2011

Trinity College

I am all for education. I graduated from high school and went to junior college.  I graduated from there and went to a senior college.  I graduated from there and went to seminary and got a master's.  As soon as I could, I started on a doctorate and eventually got there.   If I had the time and availability to get another one, I probably would.  I loved the classroom and I am all for education.  Having said all that, it don't do diddly if you don't know Jesus.  Oh, it may give you a great career but in the long haul what is that even worth.  As Christ asked, "What good is it if you gain the whole world yet lose your own soul?"  Knowing all that is why I love Acts 4:13 so much: Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.  Their power and persuasion did not come from a business management class or a public speaking course, it came from being with Jesus.   The power of the Holy Spirit is what made a difference!  I am not knocking education.  I told you I am a believer in it.   However, I am a greater believer in Father God who brings us salvation through Christ alone.  I believe much deeper in the power of the indwelt presence of the Holy Spirit in a believer.   That is where it is!   That is what made the difference in them and their listeners and it is what will make the difference in us and ours.  Do nothing to hinder the Holy Spirit in you today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment