Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Fresh Reminder

Today, as continue to Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read Luke 20, Genesis 6-8, and Ephesians 2.8-10. 

I tell my family often that I love them.  I want them to know and hear it and never wonder about it.  
Sometimes when Millie, my 6 year old, is up in my lap, I will ask her- Do you know what?  I have done this so often that she will often say- I know, I know, you love me.   Inevitably, when she answers me like that I will say- No, I think you need to go clean your room or something similiar just to try to baffle her.  We have a laugh and then I say, I love you, girl. 

Now, I don't say that to try to draw a perfect picture of the bliss of a pastor's home.  We are just like everybody else.  I am very time conscious and live with three slow ladies-- how do you think it goes? However, I try to remind them often of the most important things, so that there will never be a doubt.

Can the apostle Paul and I remind you this morning of a precious truth?  It is found in
Ephesians 2.8-9For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

You did not earn it.  You cannot maintain it.  Lean hard upon the grace of God that can change you, shape you, and never leave you.  It is not you.  It is Christ in you.

Live and lean on those truths today.

No comments:

Post a Comment