Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Scurry Hurry

Today, as we continue to Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read Mark 13, Romans 12.9, 2 Corinthians 6.6, and I Peter 2.22.

I have been reflecting this morning on Mark 13.33-34- Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come.  34 It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake.

When I was a kid and had a task to do before my parents got home, I had a tendency to wait until the last minute and then scurry as they pulled up to complete the task and look like I had been hanging out.  I wanted the appearance that I had been working the whole time and was now resting.  Most of the time it was done in the last minute or not quite complete.

My children do the same thing to me.

Let's not do it to the Lord!  Let's work 'til Jesus comes and make a difference in the world that He has planted us.

No comments:

Post a Comment