Sunday, March 31, 2013

Gone! Gone! Gone!

Since January 1 I have encouraged you to prepare for Easter.  Now, 90 Days later, how prepared are you?  Well, the question is, how do you prepare?  I believe you prepare by spending daily time in God's Word, asking Him to speak a verse or a message into your heart that you can apply and live out that day. Now Easter is here and we celebrate what God has done in our lives as we reflect on what He did through the cross and an empty tomb.

One of the great joys of my trip to Israel last year was visiting the tomb that many believe is where the body of Christ laid.  I am so glad that what the angel said that morning is still true today.  As recorded in Luke 24.6- He is not here, but has risen.  
Hallelujah, He was gone!  The stone was rolled back--gone!  The tomb is empty--gone!  To sit at the Father's side.  Gone!  Over death triumphant!  Gone!  Sin is defeated.  Gone!  And He lives forevermore!

He lives! He lives!  Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives!  He lives!  Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives-- He lives within my heart!

Praise Him on this rainy Easter.  Due to the weather, we will be having our Early Worship in the Fellowship Hall today followed by breakfast.  Look forward to seeing you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment