Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blazing a Trail

Today, as we continue to Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read Matthew 28 and Jeremiah 29.11-13.

People often ask how they can know the Will of God for their lives.  Jeremiah 29.11-13 gives us great instruction in this area: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

God seldom, if ever,  gives a long range plan of our lives to us with all the stages and steps of life that we will endure.  However, be assured that He knows them.  What He gives us is a step by step guide to walk daily with spiritual markers along the way.

Last month when I walked the 8.2 mile approach trail to the Southern Terminus of the Appalachian Trail, it was marked by blue blazes that were painted or taped on trees.  I don't know how often they were marked, but there were times when it was several hundred yards before seeing another blaze.  We stayed on the course before us and looked for the blue blazed signs that we were headed in the right direction.  So it is with life.  Blaze a trail for The Lord.  He will guide you on your trail with markers along the way. At times it may seem unmarked, but keep looking to Him.  He has blazed a trail for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment