Thursday, March 8, 2012

No Wear Out Warranty

I am a biological wonder.  My feet are older than the rest of my body...except maybe my knees.  I have bad feet.  I have done the insoles, the injections, and better shoes.  All of that helped but at about 30 years of age,  I began to find out how the rest of me is going to feel in a few years.   I guess that is why Deuteronomy 8:4 stuck out to me so much-   Your clothing did not wear out on you and your foot did not swell these forty years.  (www.lifejournal.cc)  They wandered in the desert for 40 years and their clothes held up and their feet did not swell.  What a blessing!  God always provides what we needs and He has a couple of ways of doing it.  First, he blesses us anew with what we need.  We don't always know how it is going to come, and sometimes, it seems impossible, but God has a way of coming through and meeting our needs.  The other way He does it is sustaining what we have.  Dawn and I will be celebrating 17 years of marriage in October.  Do you know what else is about that old?  Several of our appliances, a lawn mower, and stuff like that.  I have stopped praying for God to bless me with more and started praying for God to let what I have hold out a little longer....He can do that too.
It really doesn't matter how He chooses to do it.  He can provide new blessings when we need it or He can bless us with the sustaining of what we have.  I am just so glad that He is our Provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment