Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A True Father

I drove overnight to SC with my family to spend some time with my parents this week.  We were blessed with good travels, good weather, and an easy ride.  Coffee is a miracle drug on such an overnight journey.  We got here a little after 9 AM EST and after some time of fellowship with my parents, I napped.  Their4, if N-E of this mks no cents, plese understand.
I am blessed this afternoon to spend some time talking to my dear ole Dad.  I broke away to read today's Scripture and was blessed by the reminder that it gave me.  As much as I enjoy my time with my father and appreciate his Godly example and counsel in my life, he is not the only father I have.   Galatians 4:6-7 speaks of this celebratory note:  And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. ( www.lifejournal.cc) I have been blessed with a wonderful Pop.  I am still blessed to spend valuable time with Him.  However, even if you are missing one of these blessings or both, you still have the blessing of having a real Father that loves you dearly, knows you better than you know yourself, and will never let you down.
Celebrate our True Father today!  Cry out to Him!  Celebrate Him! Honor Him with your obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment