Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not Your Own

Today I have the opportunity to do something that I look forward to and I believe is one of those unique things that God has given me a chance to do.  I will open the floor of the Mississippi State Senate today in prayer.   I was previously scheduled to do it this morning but the days are so pretty, the Senators do not want to start meeting until 4 PM.  (I don't know why the change.)  It caused some rambling around of the schedule but I still plan to be there this afternoon. 

The passage that spoke to my heart this morning is one that I dedicated to memory as a teenager and have leaned on for years.  I encourage you to do the same. 
I Corinthians 6:19-20- Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. (www.lifejournal.cc)  Sexual immorality is a plague in America (and our world) today.  You do not have to fall into it, however, without the proper defenses too many will.   One of the greatest defenses is a mind set on Christ.  Living for His Glory and not our passions will solve a lot of woes.  Today, and everyday, remember: you belong to Christ.   Honor Him with all you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment