Sunday, March 11, 2012

Springing Forward

What time do you think it is? Well, if you forgot to spring forward, then check again.  I was almost in a dilemma.    The baseball game went into an extra inning after being a pretty slow game.  It led to a game that was over three hours.  By the time we got in, got the kids settled in, and sprung forward it was midnight.    I looked at my radio and did not know how to change it.   Before you laugh, it is a nice radio with a remote.  A remote that does not have a time button on it.  I looked at my phone and tried to determine if it would change automatically.  I wasn't sure.  Dawn told me not to worry, her iphone would fix itself.   (There is a little phone rivalry there.)  I went to change the coffee machine clock and my new fangled, one mug system does not have a clock.  I went back to bed and set my alarm an hour earlier than I would have and forgot about it.  This morning I awoke to the iphone's accurate timing, my Blackberry got it right, and my alarm went off early as set.  When I finish writing this, I am going to google an answer to my radio.  By the way, I got a flat tire fixed yesterday, only to see that it went down again.  Yea, you have a nice day too!
I am excited about the day, though.  Just remember Galatians 2:20- I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.   Get yourself out of the way today.  I recently heard Bill Stafford, an old time, fire breathing evangelist that is a joy to hear.  He said:  Jesus spends a lot of time knocking the me out of me.  Let Him do that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment