Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Restoring Word

Just a word of advice for the day.  I love football as much as anyone. My Toppers had a great season and the upsets from last night's college action made my day.  Great rivalries will be fought this coming weekend.  But, folks, let's don't burn bridges over football.  Let's not lose our testimonies, our friendships, our camaraderie.  Some folks can handle ragging and some can't.  Be easy.  It isn't worth it.

I love politics.  My 12th grade Political Science teacher got me hooked and I have seen some disappointing things happen in recent days.  However, our Savior is not in the Oval Office in Washington, our Savior is on the Throne in Heaven and in the Center of our Hearts if we have committed our lives to Him.  Let's not look to D.C. to decide our attitude for the day.  Let's look to Calvary and the Throne where Christ is making intercession for us. 

With all that said, what stoked me this morning was  2 Corinthians 13.11-
Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.  (www.lifejournal.cc)

We bring honor to Him when we honor each other.  We bring peace to others when we consider them first. 

Don't bellyache today!  Rejoice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment