Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yes in Christ

I wish I could always say 'yes' to my children. I cannot, however. For one I cannot afford it. Two, I would not be a good parent. It is my job to know what they need and give them what they need; that includes not giving them what they don't need. It includes protecting them, guiding them, and providing for them (financially and spiritually). One of the great jobs spiritually that parents have is teaching their children what they need and don't need. There is a bunch in this world that I must say 'no' to but I am thankful that everything in Christ is a 'yes'! The Lord holds nothing back! 2 Corinthians 1:20- For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory. (www.lifejournal.cc) We have all we really need in Christ. On Palm Sunday I look at the cross and the sealed tomb, in anticipation of the Rolled away stone. What we see in the empty tomb is a 'yes'! It is a yes to more abundant life here and a yes to eternal life with Him. He walks with us here and prepares for us there. Why is the empty tomb a 'yes'? Because of the cross. Because Christ said 'yes' in the garden and on the cross, we can say 'yes' to the offer of an empty tomb. When we say 'yes', Christ says 'yes' to us, because of the cross and with the evidence of the empty tomb. Celebrate your 'yes' in Christ today! It is a limitless offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment