Saturday, October 6, 2012

Engaging In Good Business

In Luke 19 Jesus uses a parable to emphasize the need of us being busy about the work of the Kingdom until He returns.  He begins the story in Luke 19.12-13- He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ www.lifejournal.cc

In the story the owner returns and judges each individual on how well they invested the resources that He gave to them.  Some did great.  Some did alright.  Some did awful.  I don't know about you but I know I want the Lord to return and be happy with what I have done for Him with the opportunities that I have been given.  I don't want Him to say, "Tell me your name again...." or "Hey, that was alright...." but, instead, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." 

What has He given us to do?  Let me mention three:
1)Live our lives in a way that would please Him.  That needs to reflect in our actions, our thoughts, and our words.
2) Raise our families giving proper place for the teachings of the Lord, His Church, and His Priorities.
3)  Love our neighbors enough to show them Christ and tell them of Christ.   Who are your neighbors?  Sesame Street taught me a long time ago that the people of your neighborhood are 'the people that you meet when you're walking down the street.  It's the people that you meet each day.'

Let's engage in the business of the Kingdom until He comes and let's do a good and faithful job.
Even today!

No comments:

Post a Comment