Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Refreshing Unity

I have had a blessed few days.  My parents have been in town and we have had a lovely time of fellowship.  They leave this morning and I hate to see them go. 

Our church had our Tailgate Party Sunday night.  What a great event!  Good food, good fellowship, and one of the greatest atmospheres that you could ever ask for.  I am thankful to be a part of such a church family. 

I had invited the Houston High School Hilltopper football team to come to the tailgate.  Many did and the coaches came with them.  Having the privilege to  speak to these guys every week on Friday afternoon is something I cherish and I am really proud of their unified play that has led to their success.

Last night I presided at an Baptist Associational meeting where we made some good changes to help further our cause.  There was not even a question about our efforts to move foreward. 

I pondered on these things earlier yesterday and I thought of  Psalm 133.1-3...

Behold, how good and pleasant it is
when brothers dwell in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil on the head,
running down on the beard,
on the beard of Aaron,
running down on the collar of his robes!
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
which falls on the mountains of Zion!
For there the Lord has commanded the blessing,
life forevermore. (www.lifejournal.cc)

....then I woke up this morning and it was part of the reading of the day! 

Lord, you are awesome!  You know what I need.  When I think about the unity that you have allowed me to see in recent days, it is refreshing, like a cool shower on a hot day or a cool rain to water a parched earth.  I will bless you as long as you give me breath. 

I hope your day is a blessed one! Mine as been already!

No comments:

Post a Comment