Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How To Live

Today we read Job 28 & 29 and Galatians 1 & 2.

Dying to self is both a 'one time in life' decision as well as a daily decision.  Paul said in Galatians 2.20- I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

The Christian life begins by surrendering your life, your ways, and your wants to the Lord Jesus and asking for his forgiveness and Lordship in your life.  It is a one time event.  If it is real to start with, there is no need to do it again.  However, the surrendering of your ways and the 'dying to self' is also a daily decision.   We reap greater benefits in the Christian life when we give up on our ways and follow His.

Don't live for you today, live for HIm. Walk by faith, put yourself second (try to be third), and live for Him.

...And have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment