Thursday, November 14, 2013

Steadfast and Strong

Today we read Psalm 149 and I Corinthians15-16.

I love the 'therefore' statements in the Scripture.  Anytime you see a 'therefore', always go back up and look at the writings before the 'therefore' statement to see what it is 'there for.'  I read a great one this morning in I Corinthians 15.58 -Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

When you go back and read the context of the passage, you will see that Paul was sharing with them that this is no all there is.  Eternity is real and SO much better.  As a result of what is to come, let us be steady and strong today.  May we not be ruled and rocked by the waves and winds of the day.  May be always be working in the Lord, when we see fruit of our results and even when we don't.  
May we work until Jesus comes!

Be Steadfast and Strong today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment