Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Today, on the day that we celebrate the Lord's Birth, we read the book of 1 John.

One of my favorite verses reminds me of what this day is really all about.  1 John 5.13- I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

The promise of eternity is really the joy of Christmas.  Eternal life is really the reason for the season.  From a humble manger to a mangled cross to an empty tomb to an eastern sky to the land of the river of life, Christmas is all about the opportunity for each of us in Christ.   Take time to celebrate that today.

After today, I will be taking a little break in my 'almost daily dairy'.  I will be with family and taking some time to focus my direction, both personally and pastorally, toward 2014.  Be not mistaken, I will still be in the Word daily, just not writing to you about it.  If you were to dare miss it in these days, please voice a prayer for me when it comes to mind as I seek God's direction and vision for this blog, for my church, and for my life.

I will see in 2014, if it's the Lord's will (James tells us to say that).  It is a joy to be your friend on the world wide web!

No comments:

Post a Comment