Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Son in Your Clouds

Today we read John 12-14.

I am blessed to spend a couple of days with my brother-in-law and one of his daughters.  I look forward to spending time with my parents, brothers, and their families after Christmas.  It is always fun to celebrate with Dawn and the girls.  However, I understand the other side of Christmas now.  Although we were blessed to go to a nursing home and celebrate Dawn's father's recent hospital release, we will not be going to Hattiesburg this year.  Her mother will celebrate Christmas in glory for the second time and that leaves a cloud over the season for us.  We realize so very often now how life changes through the days.

I am thankful, however, we are not alone...even when we may feel like we are.  There is a lot of folks that have clouds hanging over their festive seasons.  However, they are not alone.  John 14.1- "Let not your hearts be troubled.  You believe in God; believe also in me."  He is the reason for the season and He is there with us in the midst of it.

May He shine through your clouds!


No comments:

Post a Comment