Wednesday, August 3, 2011

In an Instant

Horrible tragedy hit our community yesterday.  A star that shone the brightest was snuffed out of this life. http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story/Community-mourns-death-of-beloved-student/IbVYd80yxEWsrtWKKFHnJQ.cspx  Elise was on her way to teach my children, in whom she took special time with, in cheerleader camp when it appears the rising sun caused a blindness that led her to hesitate in front of a jet fuel tanker truck.  I dropped off my children at camp and then met someone in the road that told me what happened.  I spent most of the rest of the day with her family and hurting students.  Elise loved the Lord, she loved all she came in contact.  It was obvious at a prayer service last night that hundreds of kids thought she was their best friend.  I guess in some ways she was.  That is not even a post-mordem exaggeration.  The girl was sharp. I knew her because the quarterback she dated is a part of one of the dearest families in my church.  Elise came to our church every Sunday night and sang in our youth choir.  She will be dearly missed. 
Due to the love and ministry of our church, I will play a part in her memorial service and I could not be more honored to have a part.  Boy, these are heavy days!  With two children of my own, it just really hits hard. Hard to explain the uneasiness I get through the tragedy the Mobley's face.  Tough days.  However, Elise made it so much easier on us.  She loved Jesus and I cannot help but think that because Christ lives, so she lives.  There are worse things than being snuffed out instanteneously from this life and plunging into the presence of the Lord forever.   That is exactly what she did. Praise the Lord for her!  I like the way Jesus spoke to me this morning from John 5:26- For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have in himself.  (Today's reading:  (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Nahum%201,2,3;%20John%205 ))
Make the most of your every minute.  We don't know how many we have.  Do what you need to do today.  And do it while you remember that the One who holds life in His Hand is holding yours throughtout your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment