Tuesday, August 9, 2011

On Time

I like being on time.  I don't always like getting there real early, but, then again, sometimes I do.  The main thing is I like to be on time.  Now some places you go, on time is actually ten minutes before.  And some places you go, when you know they are not going to be on time, you may be able to be ten minutes late and be just fine. But I like to be on time.  If traveling any distance, I like to leave time for road construction, traffic, or other small delays.  I work up in my mind when 'on time' is and then I try to get there when I consider the timing to be right.  Now, when you hauling other folk with you, their concept of on time is not always the same...but that is not what I am talking about this morning.

Appreciating the concept of 'on time', I find myself hoping and maybe even expecting others to be on time. If you say you are going to be somewhere at a certain time, be somewhere at a certain time.  It is about honesty and politeness.  However, imposing my pet peeve upon others, may not always be what I should do.

I like God to be on time.  I pray and ask Him to intervene and look forward to seeing how He will work.   However, sometimes God does not appear to be on time.   He did not seem to be when Lazarus died.  John 11:32- Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died."  He looked late.  It looked like the hope of Lazarus was gone.   That is what it looked like.  However, the reality is that Christ was on time.   He was on time for what He wanted to do.  He was on time to do it the way He wanted to it.  He was right in line for his appropriate schedule.  He still is.  When He seems late or detached or hopeless, He is not.  He is always on time.  So don't get antsy about it. 

I may be late.  As much as I hate it, sometimes I am late and it is no one's fault but mine.  But God is never late.  He may seem like it, but He is not late.  Aren't you glad that whatever burden you have today, the Lord will be on time to move and work in and through your circumstances on His schedule and in His way.  Trust Him with it today and have a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment