Monday, August 1, 2011

Stop and Pause

There's a new coach in town.  He's from football loving Alabama.  It is in his blood.  He has a fire in his belly.  He has a history of winning and wants to bring it here.  As a football lover, I have chills and tears in my eyes just writing that.  He is driven. Today is the first day that high school can practice in our state.  Our coach called the media, told the touchdown club and the cheerleaders that practice would start at midnight.  Last night at midnight they started practicing. If that don't remind of the Junction Boys of Bear Bryant, well, you don't love it as much as I do. 
So where was I at midnight last night?  In the bed.  No, I am not proud of it.  Due to an early leave this morning (intending to be earlier),  Millie and I had laid down for a nap before the family went to watch football practice.  It was a football supporter event.  However, when it came time to leave, I subconsciously ignored the alarm (I don't do that) and slept on until 12:20 AM.  When I awoke, Abby and Dawn was gone to football practice...in my car.  Nothing more uncool than leaving me to find my van key thing (they don't make real keys anymore), wake up my almost 5 year old and ride down to the midnight practice in the family van.  But that is what I did.  When I got there, it looked too much like spring football to me.  I had battle flashbacks.  At 1:15 we came home.  I finally went back to sleep at 2 AM. 
This morning I am going to Birmingham.  Teresa Criddle is having a kidney transplant from her brother, Stanley Watkins.  Please remember those folks today. 
And when you do, stop and pause on your most familiar verse.  It is part of our reading today.  Stop and pause and think about what Christ has done for you.
Pray, stop, and pause...and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment