Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Account Credit

I have received a lot in life that I have not earned.  I am blessed with Godly parents.  I did not do anything to earn that.  That was a gift from God. 
I am blessed with a wonderful wife that is an excellent mother to my children and loves the Lord.  That is a gift from God.
I am blessed with two healthy, beautiful, fun girls that love Jesus and love their Mom and Daddy. 
How did I deserve them?
I am blessed to pastor a great church body that supports their pastor, loves his family, and is a blessed fellowship.
The blessings that mark my life are undeserved and I am grateful for each and every way God reveals to me His providential care and love for me.
However, more than anything else, I am blessed with my salvation.  It was not that I earned it.  It is not that I am perfect.  It is that God met me where I was a long time ago, gave me the wisdom to seek His Face, forgave me, changed me, and saved me.  As Romans 4:3 puts it- What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” (www.lifejournal.cc)
As Abraham I have been credited with what I don't deserve.  If you have accepted Christ, you have been credited with a righteousness that you cannot conjure up on your own.  It is not about us earning it.  It is, instead, about us reflecting it.   Let's live in gratitude for all that God has done in us and for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment