Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Blessed Eyes of the Lord

I love the proverbs of Scripture.   They speak to the heart of the matter. Let me give you a special one for me today.  Proverbs 15:3- The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,  keeping watch on the wicked and the good.  (www.lifejournal.cc) 

Does the rat race of trying to live a good life that honors the Lord, ever get wearisome?  I mean the persistent attempt to restrain your tongue, your thought, and  your action.  In the midst of such attempts, the devil will surely whisper in your ear encouraging to let go and give in.  Many get weary in the journey.  It is not really a 'rat race', it is spiritual discipline, but when discouraged it can feel more like the former.  Don't give in.  God knows what is going on.  I stick to my claim that God will bless those who honor Him.  Don't know how that blessing will come. Don't know when that blessing will come.  Don't know if it will be some big blessing (quit thinking about money) or if God will just move more and more in my life with the daily blessings of the power of His Presence.  However, I have grown convinced, I will place my trust in the Lord's way and allow Him to bless me as He chooses.   He has blessed me enough already to cover a lifetime, yet I know that He is not through.  

One of the greatest blessings that I experience is just to know that His eyes are everywhere and He watches over me!  Rest in that today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment