Thursday, May 24, 2012

All Access

I am a Clemson Tiger fan through and through.  The whole 'run down the hill' thing, also called the most exciting 30 seconds in college football, is intoxicating.  It is wonderful.  I have been blessed over the years to see many of their football games in Memorial Stadium, also called 'Death Valley', and I love it. 
One year I got to do something really special.  A friend of mine had two sideline access passes for all of the 'at home' games and he had conflicts and could not go.  He offered them to me.  With the passes I had free reign from the 30 yard line to the end zone on each side and access behind the bench area.   I absolutely loved it.   It was amazing!  I was actually on the sidelines when Lou Holtz was coach of the South Carolina Gamecocks and Tommy Bowden was coach of the Clemson Tigers and there was  a team brawl at the bottom of the hill before the game.  I was on the opposite end of the field awaiting the kickoff but, Man!, what a scene.  It was really neat for those five or six games to get real access.

That is not the only access I have.   Paul reminded me this morning of even greater access.  In Romans 5:2 he wrote- Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  Much greater than a Clemson game, through Christ I have access to go into salvation and approach the throne of God.  With this kind of access, I have received grace that will pardon me of my sin.  This access guarantees my eternity as well as the Lord's counsel and guidance daily in all the matters of my life.  I have never received such access....and the best news is...it is not just for me....it is for you as well.  Celebrate the Lord today!  Come to Christ today!  Through Him, we have access!

No comments:

Post a Comment