Monday, May 14, 2012

Building Up the Temples

King David looked at the grand place that he had built to live in and got convicted about the need for the Lord to have a permanent house for worship.  He set out to build it.  It was not in God's plan.  David's military success had led Israel to grow as strong as it had ever known.  His job was to grow Israel, not to build the Temple.  However, God told him that David's son would build it.  David took it to heart and set out with a plan.  I Chronicles 22:5 describes it- For David said, “Solomon my son is young and inexperienced, and the house that is to be built for the Lord must be exceedingly magnificent, of fame and glory throughout all lands. I will therefore make preparation for it.” So David provided materials in great quantity before his death. (www.lifejournal.cc)
He was determined to set a path that his boy could follow to do something great for God.  That is exactly what we must do!  We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday.  Father's Day is coming.   I am the father of two young girls.  Part of my responsibility as a Godly father is to set a path for them to follow to do great things for God.  I don't need them to build the Lord a Temple.  My girls are temples of the Holy Spirit of God.  What I need, is to pave the path for their 'temples' to flourish for the cause of Christ. I must do all I can to build up a spiritual resource base in their lives for them to lean on no matter what may come.

I want to encourage you today to prepare the way for those that God has entrusted to you.  We can do great things for the Lord along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment