Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Souper Opportunity

Today, as we continue to Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read Mark 6, I Corinthians 11.18, James 4.1, and continue reviewing Romans 1.16.

I am excited about today. Today is our Souper Bowl Winter Bible Study Sunday. We are led this morning by Steve Mooneyham, AMD of the Gulf Coast Baptist Association, and he is leading us through the Passion Week of Christ. After today I will be preaching on the seven last statements of Christ on the cross. That will usher us into a Resurrrection Celebratiomon Easter Sunday morning.  It is all about the cross of Christ from here till Easter and the cross is all about the Gospel.  As Paul put it in Romans 1.16- For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Today is super, but I can honestly say, even with my love for football, this morning's annual opportunity for a unique worship and fellowship experience is what makes it so great.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment