Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Greatness

Today, as we continue to Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read Matthew 20, I Kings 3.1-15, and James 1.5.

When the sons of Zebedee's mother came and asked for them to have a special place in the Kingdom, she represented a lot more people than just her two boys.  At some time or another we all have wanted to be blessed with greatness of some sort: great wealth, great health, great blessing or great opportunity.  Jesus gives us the way to true greatness though when He says in
Matthew 20.26b-28- But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,
27 and whoever would be first among you must be your slave,
28 even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Think about it. The greatest people in your life are the ones that have blessed you, given to you, and that you have mutually served with.  I think of my wife, my parents, my grandparents, my kids, my dear church family. Those are the great ones.  We all have an opportunity to be great today.

Be great today--serve someone.  Be blessed and be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment