Monday, February 18, 2013

My Precious

Today, as we continue to Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read Luke 12 and Philippians 3. 7-14.

Yesterday,  I had a conversation that reminded me of a discussion that I have had with my daughter a few times about the good ol' days.  I grew about a mile and a half  from a K-mart.  They sold football and baseball cards.  When I was ages 9 to 12, my cards were a big  deal to me. I remember the excitement that Iwould get when I had a dollar.  The football cards would come in a dollar jumbo pack.  The pack had three stacks in a clear wrapper. Therefore, I could see the three top cards and the three bottom cards before I bought them.  I would walk up to K-mart, go through the whole bin of cards (looking for the best pack), pay the cashier, and tear into the pack before leaving the parking lot.  I knew what I had before I got out of the parking lot and I, either celebrated or whimpered all the way home.  My cards were a treasure to me.

What is precious to you? What will you go out of your way for?  Make sure what is most precious to you will not fade away.

Jesus put it this way in Luke 12.33-34- Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment