Friday, February 8, 2013

Today's Agenda

Today, as we Prepare 90 Days for Easter (P90E), we read Mark 8 and Psalm 118. 

I want to encourage you today to be a follower of Christ. Live today to follow the Lord's path in all your decisions, conversations, thought patterns, and actions. How do you do that properly?

Mark 8.34 advises us- And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

Think of these three as today's formula.  God has given this to you for today:

Deny yourself- It is not about you.  It is about serving God while serving others. Make it an agenda for today.
Take up your cross- Is your attitude going to make everything easy today? Is everyone going to be cordial? No.  For the sake of Christ and your witness, bear the burden, take what thy dish out and shine right through it.
Follow me- When facing the big hill, the little engine said, I think I can! I think I can! In the same way, real quietly, under your breath, and in your heart say- Help me, Lord! I am following you today.

I pray that this day holds blessed surprises for you as you walk with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment