Wednesday, June 5, 2013

For This Day

Today we read Proverbs 30 & 31, Psalm 33, and Ephesians 1.

Well, I wake up this morning in the outerskirts of Atlanta with a bus full of youth and chaperones.  We spent yesterday riding the bus to get here,  dipping in the pool, and watching the Atlanta Braves play.  It was a great day.  All showed up when they were supposed to and the Braves won in the bottom of the 10th inning. What more could you ask for!  Today we invade Six Flags over Georgia.  This morning before we leave the young are dreaming dreams and the old are seeing visions.   The young are dreaming of a big day and the old are hoping that they can have some fun without it being too big a day. (When will the spinning the stop?  I thought it stopped when the ride was over.)  

I slept later than I ever thought I would, however, I woke up and was blessed to read an appropriate blessing for our day.  It is found in  
Psalm 33.20- Our soul waits for the Lordhe is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name.
22 Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.

It is my hope today that His Shield will protect us and will watch over us throughout our day. May His Love be upon us and may He shine through us in all we do and say today.  

I pray the same for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment