Saturday, October 5, 2013

For Such A Time As This

Today we read Esther 3-8 and Luke 18.

Esther was put in a spot of leadership that gave her the opportunity to be an influence. Mordecai asked her to seriously consider her opportunity in Esther 4.14b- And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

We are in such a time in our country that it would do us good to realize our potential.  We need to make a difference for Christ in a world and in a country that is not only less Christian, but more anti-Christian.  How do we make such a difference?  We can throw up our fists and fight against the lost and dying world.  OR We can yell loudly against the lost and dying world.  OR We can penetrate it like yeast in flour, expose it like light in darkness,  pray for it and through it like Christ prayed for such situations.

Sometimes it is hard to know what to do.  However, always remember that any change has to start with you.  I never thought I would quote Michael Jackson, but I am:
I'm Starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking Him to Change His Ways, and No message could have been any clearer- If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and then make a change. 

Now, I happen to believe that it starts with the Lord and I ask Him to empower me to change.  However, I will do the world a lot better service to make sure my life is in complete compliance with The Lord and allowing Him to lead my action, before I go out and bang my drum for His Causes in the midst of our world.

Do your part for Christ today and let it begin in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment