Thursday, October 31, 2013

No Worries

Today we read Job 22 and Mark 7 & 8.

The alarm went off this morning and I hit the button to get a couple more 10 minute time slots.  While lying there, not really asleep and not really awake, I was thinking that my day was leaving me and I know I have a lot to do today.  In my delirious state I imagined that it was late in the day and I had not finished what I needed done today.  I started to worry because time was getting away from me.  When I woke up and 'got up' and realized that it was still early,  I was glad.  For me it seems that everything gets 'bigger' in the night than it is when the sun comes up.  We worry about stuff that we should not worry about.  The disciples did too.  Look at Mark 8.16-19And they began discussing with one another the fact that they had no bread. 17 And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, “Why are you discussing the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive or understand? Are your hearts hardened? 18 Having eyes do you not see, and having ears do you not hear? And do you not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces did you take up?” They said to him, “Twelve.” 

They knew better than to worry.  They had seen Him in action.  Why worry about that kind of thing?  Well, don't point a finger at them.  We do the same thing.  But let's decide today to not do it.  Let's not worry about things that we know God is always on top of....and what in the world is He not already on top of?

We'll have storms today in Mississippi, but we know Who is in charge, even in the storm.  The same goes for the storms in your life. No worries today.  Rest in Him...and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment