Monday, October 14, 2013

What Do I Hear?

Today we read Nehemiah 11-12, Psalm 1, and Acts 3.

They are rebuilding the torn down walls in Nehemiah.  God uses them to accomplish this great feat.
In the end they celebrate.  Notice the description of the celebration in Nehemiah 12.43- And they offered great sacrifices that day and rejoiced, for God had made them rejoice with great joy; the women and children also rejoiced. And the joy of Jerusalem was heard far away.

What do folks hear out of us?  I am the PA announcer for our high school football team.  I am a loud guy.  I have been told I'm heard blocks away and people just walk outside some nights to hear what is happening at the ball game.  They probably hear some of the fans too.  What do folks hear out of us?
I hear folks grumble about politics, gas prices, work strains, kid stresses, and rivalry ball teams.  What do folks hear out of us?  Think about it.

May the joy of Jesus bubbling out of lives be heard far and far away!....Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment