Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Going Home with Heavy Hearts

Well, we are hoping to be home late this afternoon and I look forward to being a part of the food ministry tonight at church.  Words cannot express what the last 2 weeks has meant to me and my family. It has been wonderful.  However, as we close out our trip, it looks like my grandmother's life is closing out on this side. I don't grieve for Grandma.  She loves Jesus more than she loved anything and would tell you.  Her Bible laid open on her table all day.  Jesus changed her life and she gave him credit and it showed.   However I grieve because she is so special... Every meal at Mom and Dad's, every holiday function... Yesterday the doctor gave her hours to live.  Thank you for that opinion, however, I know God is in control and in His time she will make THE transition.  All I could think about yesterday driving across Missouri was - Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.   I mourn as much for her now as I do for her loss.  The morphine, the racing heart, the struggle of life, however, blessed be the name of the Lord this is not all there is.  After two weeks I am ready to be home, ready to get after it again, and to share my appreciation for the opportunity to go, but right now I am on pause....we are going home with heavy hearts.  I have often said that if the phone rang and you got the wrong call, all of your life would be reprioritized at least for a few days. It is somewhat haunting waiting for that call.

On a much brighter note whatever we face today is not my battle.  It is the Lord's,  so go ahead and praise Him for the victory that is to come.  That is what happened in 2 Chronicles 20 this morning.
You will not need to fight in this battle.  Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.  Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed.   Tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you...And when he had taken counsel with the people, he appointed those who were to sing to the Lord...'Give thanks to the Lord, for his steadfast love endures forever.' -2 Chronicles 20: 17, 21.   Whatever we face today, we do not face alone.  As a matter of fact, He fights for us.  Give Him Praise.  Not after the battle, but now.  Thank Him for what He is going to do. 

We are leaving Springfield, Missouri, a pleasant surprise, in a little while headed home.  Yesterday we drove from Salina, Kansas through Kansas City and on to Springfield.  A good day of travel with a few stops: the Eisenhower Presidential Library, the Oz Museum (as in the Wizard of Oz) and some KC BBQ.  I had some burnt end chili. They take the burnt ends off the pork and put them in the chili beans.   An award winning and wonderful chili.  Saw it on TV and had to try it.  Mighty good.  Looking forward to seeing you Houston folks soon .

No comments:

Post a Comment