Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good Talk

Can you do Oklahoma City in a day?  We tried our best.  Got here about lunchtime and then went to the stockyards and looked around at the Western shops.  Dawn found her an $8000 saddle.  Now we just need a horse. $8000!!! You better be hanging by your feet off the side of the horse at the Dixie Stampede if you are paying that much.  We left there and went the Murrah Building Memorial. Somber and tranquil place...168 lives lost.  It will make you think... that is until my children show up.  Sometimes children can change the atmosphere.  Oh well.  On to Cattlemen's for an early supper, a legendary steakhouse and one of the best I have ever eaten.   We then went to a retail/commercial complex called Bricktown.  You can ride through it in a water taxi.  That was fun.  We like OKC!  On to Route 66 and Amarillo.
If you ever wonder what you sounded like when you said something, let your children say it to you.  The most eye opening experience for me is when my children repeat some condescending remark that I pop off and should have just give to the Lord.  I'm somewhat a 'tell it like it is' person.  However, when my children say it- it sometimes sounds a little different.  And it is just the facts- your children are going to repeat what you say to them.  Just last night I told Abby- Don't sing at the table!- Same thing my mother said to me.  She would add- "you are liable to get chocked".  I realized last night at supper that you don't get choked from singing at the table.  Mom just wanted me to stop.  See! Children repeat what their parents say to them.
That is what I thought about when I read this morning- Let no corrupting talk come outof your mouths but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.  -Ephesians 4:29 ESV
So let's watch what we say!  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.  Yes...my mother said that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment