Friday, June 10, 2011

The Real Fight

Well, we are in the Southwest. We came out of OKC and crossed into Texas and thought we had fell off the face of the earth.  The temperature was 102 and the wind was blowing about 30 mph.  I studied Jonah 4 and his little vine years ago.  It speaks of the hot wind.  My studies revealed this was a sirocco-a hot desert wind that dried out and caused damage.  Well, now we have lived through the sirocco. We stopped at a rest area/tornado shelter built up out of the ground.  It was so desolate that it was amazing.  We then arrived in Amarillo.  I don't know if Amarillo is really that nice or if you ride for 130 miles in nothing that anything would be nice.  Either way, we enjoyed the city.  Ate at the Big Texan Steakhouse, painted some 'Heeringa graffiti' at Cadillac Ranch (its legal), and bought Millie some real Texas boots.  We left yesterday morning and drove into New Mexico. It seems things immediately changed.  The land is more hilly and even mountainous than we expected.  It has rocky, craggy kind of mounts.  We were fascinated.  Stopped along the way to see some Route 66 stuff and then came on into Albuquerque.  The smoke from the southeast Arizona fires are smoky up the place a little but it looks like a good Mississippi haze to us.  They tell us that normally you can see for 5 miles and now it is only a couple of miles.  Its beautiful regardless.  Gonna check out Santa Fe this morning, an adobe style city.

 I was bullied in the 9th grade.  The boy was in every class with me it seemed, including a very lax Pre-Vocational class.  In that class we did things in the greenhouse and in the shop.  He was always messing with me.  I wish I would have just turned around and clocked him.  I probably would have got whipped but it would have probably ended.  That is the only time I really remember being bullied and it was by just one boy.  I don't remember him ever touching me, but he probably did.  Either way I was always worried he would.  That is not the biggest battle I ever been in.  I am in a battle now.  So are you.  The war is over, victory has been claimed, but the enemy does not want us to enjoy the victory.  So he will try to steal our joy, destroy our zeal.  He often works in the comments, actions, and conflicts that we have with others.  We think that they are enemy, but they are not.   For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  Eph. 6:12  That is your fight.  Keep it all in perspective.  It is not your boss, not your mate, not your parent, and not your child or acquaintance.  The evil one is picking on you.  Bust him in the nose by pleading the blood of Christ on Him.  Thank God, we are victorious in the Lord!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment