Sunday, June 26, 2011

How Many Times?

It is good to be home.  I'll be in the pulpit this morning where I belong and I am thankful.  I was able to be a part of  a great wedding celebration last night.  The wedding was beautiful.   The reception amazing...what a spread!  All went wonderful except the misstep of the preacher (literally!).  Thank God I still have my cat-like, athletic instincts.  A lesser man would have sprawled!

Reading Jonah this morning http://www.lifejournal.cc/  I love the way God's Will did not change.  Jonah ran, tried to walk away from the Will of God, but that did not change His Will.  You can try to ignore it but that is not going to change what God would have you to do.  It is just going to waste your time and put off His Will.  How many times should God have to tell you?  Only once.  Go with God the first time!  Do what He would have you to do when He would have you to do it.  He will do amazing things in us and through us (He did through Jonah) whether we realize it on this side of eternity or not.

Hope to see you in Church today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment