Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Legacy

What a joy it is to be home!  After almost 3 weeks away, it is a joy to be home.  A good night's rest in your own bed goes a long way.  Thank you to so many for your prayers during our travel and the death of my grandmother.  You are a blessing!  I look forward tonight to being  a part of the Voyles and Uhiren coming together and then preaching my heart out tomorrow.  I'm overdue.  May God be glorified!

It may be more of the same but how touched I was this morning to read about the legacy of Timothy's grandmother and mother in 2 Timothy 1:5 and how he now knows how to live for Christ.  As I have reflected upon and shared in various settings, the example of my grandmother and mother is quite a legacy for me to follow in.  For whatever problems I have, I cannot blame it on my heritage or my raising.  God blessed me dearly.  How has God blessed you through the lives of others?  Live out that blessing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment