Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Seize the Day!

Well, it is mighty good to be home...even if we are leaving again today.  Chickasaw never felt so sweet as when we crossed the line (especially after we missed the turn in New Albany and drove to Blue Springs). We unloaded and now we are reloading.  It was a joy to be a part of the food ministry distribution last night.
We will be burying my sweet, Godly grandmother tomorrow.  I knew this day was coming but the flood of memories that come back to you as you drive across the Arkansas countryside can be pretty amazing. It is an honor to  be able to sing Sweet Hour of Prayer and to preach my grandmother's funeral. The time I will miss her the most is when it is time to leave SC, we circle up and pray. On many occasions Mom would ask Grandma to pray.  She knew how to pray.   She would pray for that hedge of protection, those angels around the car and the sweet Spirit of God leading us.  I drove faster knowing my grandma had prayed (just kidding).  It was mighty sweet.  But, my friend, this ain't all there is.  I'll see her again and we will circle up again but this time around the throne of God....blessed be the name of the Lord.
Grandma's obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/greenvilleonline/obituary.aspx?n=j-lucille-caton&pid=152137012&fhid=11935

You could live a life like Grandma's, for the Lord or you could live it like Jehoram did who depart "to no one's regret" ( Chronicles 21:20) even though he was only 40 years old.  I had to ask myself today what kind of legacy would I leave?  Do I live each day as if it is my last to serve the Lord?  My friend, seize the day today for the cause of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment