Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Blessing of Opportunity

Timothy was a young preacher. He needed the guidance of one older and wiser. I have been blessed that while pastoring my first church, I met a preacher that became a pastor and mentor for me. A constant encourager, listener, and advisor, I thank God for how He has used Ken Smith in my life. Ken hosts a conference every year that I and about 12-15 other preachers attend. There, over several days, we challenge one another, pray for one another, laugh, cry, and eat together. It is a great time, a great challenge, and a great blessing. Why do we do it? One reason is mentioned in 2 Timothy 2.5- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. Preachers need that kind of fellowship...that kind of tooling. We all need it. We all are blessed to have the opportunity of the fellowship of the church to challenge us, pray for us, and fellowship with us. We also all have the opportunity to 'handle the Word' daily. May we walk carefully, read carefully,and obey completely...and encourage each other along.

No comments:

Post a Comment