Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just Do It!

I am good at buying the gear and being ready but sometimes the planning of the task takes too much time.  Years ago I found a great set of dumbbells (hand weights) that were as impressive as any gym.  I robbed my personal 'kitty' (not my cat, my stash) and purchased them and a bench to go with them.  They look good.  Seldom used but good.  
A few years later a friend talked about going on the Appalachian Trail and walking a tough part that leads to the Southern Terminus in Northern Georgia.  I started walking, bought me a camelback (water tank for your back), some hiking sticks, better shoes and started reading and doing some research on it.  He then blew out his knee in a motorcycle wreck and the whole plan went to pot.  I still want to do it but I ain't used by sticks or my waterpouch yet! 
Recently I bought some new shoes that have a pedometer in them that works with your ipod.  They look cool (even the young people tell me that) and they are cool!  I haven't measured one step yet.  Still in the planning stages. 
We bought bikes last week.  I have rode about a mile over a week.  I am almost ready.  I got the gear.  I am just SUCH a planner......
All that planning is not good for my health, however, let me tell you what is more serious- to not work out your salvation. Paul put it this way in Philippians 2:12-Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (www.lifejournal.cc) Let's not only plan to be good Christians.  Let's not only buy big Bibles and make big plans.  Let's work out our salvation through daily, spiritual exercise- reading God's Word, seeking God's Face, and living out His Will.  It is the greatest health plan, spiritual health plan, you could ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment