Friday, June 1, 2012

The Step Establisher

Years ago, I heard about a coach who was going to be retiring and he felt strong that one of his assistants wanted the job.  He went to the assistant and told him, "I think I am going to step out of the way for you, and recommend you for the job."  The assistant looked at the coach and quoted
Proverbs 16:9- The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. He also said, "You do what God is leading you to do and don't worry about preparing my way.  The Lord will put me where He wants me."...And He has.
I thought of that when I read Proverbs 19:21- Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. (www.lifejournal.cc)
Let us make sure that all are plans are baptized in prayer, submitted to the Lord, and only followed if the Lord leads in that way.  Plans and dreams are great, but outside of the Lord's Will, they will not work.  Seek His Face today...and in all your plans for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment