Monday, June 4, 2012

Opening Day!

Today is opening day of VBS at FBC.  That makes it an exciting day for a lot of kids, a lot of teachers that have worked hard to prepare, directors and decorators that have revolutionized our building into a 1980's pop cultural center.  Jamboxes, records, Pac-Man, and Rubic's Cube dominate the landscape. We are 'kickin' it ol' school' and I guess that means I am old, because the 80's is when I was in school.  I guess the creators of this VBS   (the Go Fish Guys) are a bunch of 40 somethings attempting to relive the good ol' days.  Either way, it is a fun atmosphere.  I heard a teenager talking about how rough it was to do one side of the Rubic's Cube.  I told her that I could do two sides of it a long time ago, and could do one side real quick. (However, I remember watching videos of people doing the whole thing in a couple of minutes.)  I let the proverbial cat out of the bag and told her that 'in the day' you pop off a center cap and unscrew the cube and it would fall apart.  You could then make it look, however, you wanted it to.  Fun memories.  We will have fun times.  Please pray that many kids have a genuine experience of salvation this week and can follow it up with baptism and church membership.  We don't play the 'raise your hand, nobody's looking' game.  We do present and offer the Gospel and will happily lead them through it.  Pray that the Spirit will move.

As I closed out Romans this morning, I think Paul gave us a great summarizing statement to keep in mind when you get discouraged or distracted.  Check it out- Romans 16:20- The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. (www.lifejournal.cc)
Regardless of what Bugs Bunny used to say at the end of his show- This ain't all there is, folks! 
Keep your eyes on the prize and the victory in your heart and seize the day for the Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment