Friday, August 3, 2012

A Question to Ponder

I love the way Jesus interacts with people.  Yes, interacts, not interacted. Not only did He do it His way, He still does it His way.  Let me show you what I mean.  Notice what he says to lame man at the pool: 
John 5.5-6-  One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?”
What kind of question is that?  The guy has been laying out there for nearly two score, of course he wants to be healed, right?  Well, yes, he did...but some people don't.  Some people kinda like it the way it is.  They bellyache about it, but they like it that way.  Now, I am really not talking about an invalid.  Instead my focus is on those that have been sick for years with 'sin'. 
People all the time tell me, 'oh, preacher, I wish I could stop' or 'I am trying to do better' or 'Lord, have mercy on me.'  Stop it!  Do you want to be healed?  Or do you just what to wallow in it?

If there is a sin pattern in your life that shows sickness, I ask, as Jesus did, do you really want to be healed?  If you are a child of God, you know that you have the power of the Holy Spirit in you to walk away from it.  So, as the great theologian, Nike, put it: Just Do It!

Do you really want to be well?  Then take up your bed of whiningness and walk.  May God give you the strength today to face your 'sicknesses' without excuse and claim healing in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment