Thursday, August 9, 2012

Walking In the Light

The storms messed up my wi-fi this morning and delayed my ability to blog when I normally do.  The storms always scare my dog.  She was a 'walk up' a couple of years ago and had been seen (before she came to my house) living in a culvert with her siblings.  I would imagine a storm is scary when the doors at both ends of your 'house' are open and the harder it rains, the more water comes in. Her first book will be My Life in a Culvert.  Needless to say, she is now scared of storms.   This morning in a desperate search for internet, I went into the bedroom to retrieve my iPad in hopes that it would get better wi-fi service.  I was walking around in the dark to not bother Dawn that early and I noticed my dog right beside me.  She kept bumping into me.  She wanted me close because she was scared.  The darkness of this world and the storms of life can cause difficulty.  Jesus spoke of that in a text I read this morning. 
John 11.9b-10- Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light. 10 It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”
Instead of stumbling around in the darkness of this world, let's walk in the light of the love, guidance, and direction of the Lord.  We have a much greater chance of staying upright!

No comments:

Post a Comment