Monday, August 13, 2012

Planted, Budding, and Bearing


 There was a custom during Biblical days that a sojourner could pick the grain as he went by someone else's field and eat it. He could not use a bushel basket nor the slack in his shirt, but a handful was to be expected. I hope, when I was a kid, my neighbors lived off such a principle, because I sure did. When I was a kid and walked into my neighbors' yard and saw their apple tree, I expected apples.  When I walked into my other neighbors' yard and saw their grapevine, I expected grapes.  When I walked to the peach tree in my own backyard, I expected peaches-  worming ones, but still I expected peaches.  You ought to bear what you are planted to bear.  With that in mind read
John 15.16- You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.  (www.lifejournal.cc)
Wherever God has planted you today, go and bear fruit!  Blossom for Jesus!  Delight the spiritual appetite of others by allowing Christ to live through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment