Sunday, August 26, 2012

Walking In Truth

I want the best for my children.  That does not mean I am going to measure the possessions that other children have and try to make sure that mine have it all.  It does not mean when they want something that they are necessarily going to get it.  I often remind them- you are not in charge.  That may not be the popular way to parent today but I do believe it is the correct way.  Some may claim that I do not want the best for my children because I expect them to obey, respect, and submit, but I beg to differ.  I want the best for my children that is why I attempt (sometimes with limited success) to lead them properly.

Of all the things I want for my children, I want them to walk with the Lord the most.  It is the greatest priority.  If that is the priority, then I must live like that is the priority.  The beloved disciple, John, saw those that he had discipled as his children.  He called them his children.  We know from his letters that he worked diligently with them.  He tells them what brings him the greatest joy in
3 John 4- I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (www.lifejournal.cc).

I spent this morning reflecting on the joy that I will receive if, as  my children grow, they continue to walk toward the truth or in the truth.  I believe there is no greater joy.    

Walk in the truth of the Lord today and experience His Joy and we all will be blessed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment